Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bill Gates visited my bed... LOL! OK - not for "THAT"... He gave me 3 million..

Bill Gates came by today to tell me to "get better".

I've been ill for the past couple of days and a little birdy told him to stop by.

And the kids opened the door and let him in.

Me - I think it would have been nicer if he had called in advance, I could have at least taken a shower. But I had enough strength to sit up and fluff my pillows a bit.

He told me that he wanted me to use this three million dollars any way I wanted to and simply left.

Odd fellow, that Bill Gates. Just trotting into my house and plopping down that kind of money like it's pocket change. I suppose he didn't want to catch anything virulently horrid. But he should know that Hepatitis C isn't contagious. Sigh. Sometimes you'd think one of the smartest people on earth would at least read up a little bit on diseases. But like most people, I suppose, HepC is not that well understood.

So he up and left and now I've got a lot of money to spend.

Goodness knows how I'm actually going to do it.

It's one thing to fantasize about spending money. But when it's actually in your hands what do you really want to do with it?

Hmmmm...

I think since my truck just broke down and my poor husband has been footing the bills lately and trying to keep up with the housework, since I just don't have the energy anymore or even the will power... Sheesh you should see the house... piles of junk everywhere, I'm beginning to think that my husband is a massive packrat. LOL! But I think... I think... That I'm going to just move the family --- it will be so much easier than cleaning.

I think I will find us a nice cozy ranch house - and buy both the kids decent cars. Nothing sporty or too expensive, you know they will just run them down. But something that will hold some value.

And I think I will put a little fund together for both of them.

Then I will buy myself a nice car. nothing fancy. Just something that won't break down in the next few weeks.

Seriously - I just bought (well.. ok the truck broke down and the hubby decided I needed a new car because he doesn't want me walking late at night with the bears here, so... he bought me a new Chevy HHR.) a new car.... So I'll probably have to give that new car away.

I'll pay off the bills - and put a good chunk of one million into some retirement investments.

I'm not sure exactly what - but since Bill Gates was such a nice guy, I'll make sure I buy some stock in his big company. Doesn't seem like he's done too terribly bad with it.

And then I'll just relax and write stories... I've always wanted to be a writer. You know... A published writer, artist, lyricist. I really do write. I may not have a college education, but I can write.

Words just seem to tumble out of me - that is, when I can function - and I'm not sicker than a dog.

But I think I'll buy myself a few good laptop computers - and some programs to keep me rolling with the writing and the graphic art work that I do.

And I'll go see a few more doctors. Not the ones the insurance company make me see - but some good ones. Maybe one that might know a lot about this disease and specializes in making the person feel better. Instead of just treating the disease - treat the side effects too - from the medication.

And then I'll just live life.

That sounds pretty darn good.

And now that he's left the house - I think I'll take a little nap.

No comments: